THE AVIOR STANDARD ('the six C's').
AVIOR promotes the following standards on behaviour on board and ashore:
1. COMMIT to safety conscious and environmentally friendly practices.
- Take SAFETY serious ... at all times.
- Look after yourselves and your crew mates.
- There are NO SHORTCUTS in achieving SAFETY.
- SPEAK UP if you notice UNSAFE practices. Take responsibility.
- RESPECT the ENVIRONMENT you are working in. Treat it like your own home.
2. COMMUNICATE openly and effectively within a culture of tolerance on board and ashore
- Express your PROFESSIONAL OPINION when you feel things can be improved or better be done otherwise.
- Make sure your message is UNDERSTOOD by receiver. Communicate in a way that can be understood by the receiver.
- If you do not understand .... ASK. Encourage others to speak up if things are not clear.
- In making a REPORT state ALL RELEVANT FACTS, even if the facts may be BAD NEWS.
3. CARE for Crew, Cargo, Company and Ship
- Look after each other.
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself.
- ACCEPT and RESPECT cultural differences.
- Remember that without Cargo there would be no Shipping. Take care of Cargo entrusted into your care.
- Be a GOOD REPRESENTATIVE for your Company. Make your Company proud!
4. CONVINCE by Performance, take Pride in your job, be Repsonsible.
- Your PERFORMANCE will determine your future.
- Do not take Promotion for granted. PROMOTION needs to be EARNED.
- Take PRIDE in your job and give every part of your job YOUR BEST SHOT at all times.
- Work as a TEAM, share credit for GOOD WORK.
5. COMBINE a Cost Conscious Atitude with good Commercial Awareness.
- Use resources wisely and avoid unnecessary wastage.
- Save Costs WISELY. Do no compromise Safety or Economic Operations of the ship.
- Pay attention to proper stock keeping and ordering of spares/goods
- Be in control (know your stock, organize your stock/spares)
- First in first out
- Only order after having checked stock remaining on board (update in VIS)
- In operating the ships keep the OWNER'S COMMERCIAL INTERESTS at heart.
- In sharing information with 3rd parties always keep the OWNERS INTEREST in mind.
6. CONTINUE Improvement and Development of Employees and Ships
- IMPROVE where you can ....ACT!
- LEARN from your mistakes. Do not hide them.
- Be PRO-ACTIVE instead of REACTIVE.
'address potential problems before they occur or get out of hand'
- Adress CAUSES instead of treating SYMPTOMS
'the solution for a leakage is stopping the leak and not continue mopping up the spillage'
- DEVELOP your juniors. You were once in their position. DELEGATE where possible.